4th HospitalityVietnam Conference
April 10-11, 2019 @Hotel Nikko Saigon
08:00 - 08:55Registration and Match & Meet
08:55 - 09:00Welcome Remarks from the Organizer
Speaker:● Gloria Wong, Executive Director of Hospitality Asia - Escom Events
Property Owner's Track
09:00 - 09:20(KEYNOTE) Vietnam Investment Landscape
Key discussion points:● Vietnam’s economy recorded positive signs in the first half of 2022● Vietnam is pushing strongly in its national infrastructure development, and much priority for hospitality and tourism
Speaker:● David Jackson, CEO of Colliers Vietnam
09:20-10:00(PANEL) Lucrative Investment Destinations
Key discussion point:● Are investment tourism opportunities the same as the recent pre-pandemic phase or have new destination opportunities opened up?
● Nikhom Jensiriratanakorn, Director of Horwath HTL
Panelists:● Jean-Philippe Beghin, Managing Director of All-The-Angles● Kenneth Atkinson, Founder and Senior Board Adviser of Grant Thornton Vietnam ● Viet Anh Vu, Development Director Vietnam of Accor● Lam Do, Development Director of Hilton
10:00 - 10:20(KEYNOTE) Legal Enforcement and the Hospitality Industry in Vietnam
Key discussion point:● Hotel Management Agreement -- What is the structure for international and local operator?● What are the implementing policies, considerations in contractual enforcement terms?
Speaker:● Hanh Tran, Partner and Deputy Managing Director of DFDL Vietnam
10:20 - 11:00Morning Tea Break & Match and Meet
11:00 - 11:40(PANEL) Serviced Apartments, Condotels and Branded Residences: New Models and Scope of Services
Key discussion point:● Post-economic shifts will be tackled, new markets unfolded and owner focus determined.
Moderator:● Karan Kaul, Deputy Chief Executive Officer of Absolute Hotel Services
Panelists:● Eudo Chan, Director, Development of Wyndham Hotels and Resorts● Carolina Fagnani, Senior Director of Business Development SEAP of Radisson Hotels● Armand Steinmeyer, Vice President of Business Development of The Ascott Limited ● Paul D. Volodarsky, Senior Associate, Deputy Head of Regional Real Estate Practice of DFDL
11:40 - 12:20(PANEL) Soft brands, White Label and Third Party Operators: Solution in a Post-COVID Recovery Market
Key discussion point:● Market trends, flexibility of terms, operating standards, value of co-branding, flexibilities and more will be discussed.
● Craig Bond, Managing Director of La Vie Hotels & Resorts
Panelists:● Alan James Christie, Senior Vice President Strategic Advisory and Asset Management of JLL● Yann Gouriou, Chief Executive Officer of Unicorn Hotels & Resorts● Queenie Nguyen, Director of Development – Vietnam of Best Western Hotels & Resorts● David Roberts, Assistant Vice President, Development of Dusit International
12:20 - 13:30Lunch Break + Match & Meet
13:30 - 14:10(PANEL) Luxury All-Inclusive: Going Beyond the Traditional Hotel
Key discussion point:● What is required to develop an all inclusive resort in terms of programing, facilities and number of keys?● Where and what location will all-inclusive work?
Moderator:● Andrew Langdon, SVP Development Asia of Accor
Panelists:● Sebastien Favre, Development & Asset Management Director of Club Med● Harry Thaliwal, CEO of Cross Hotel & Resort
14:10 - 14:50(PANEL) Vietnam Brand DNA: Vigor of a Timeless Charm
Key discussion point:● What are international perceptions of brand Vietnam, how is it changing and who's changing it? ● How do you successfully modernize traditions in a brand?
Moderator:● David Kaye, Brand Director of Wink Hotels
Panelists:● Minh Ha, Country Representative, Hotel Development of Marriott International● Rakesh Singh, Country Manager, Vietnam & Commercial Director, APAC of Bidmath● Bobby McGill, Founder/ Publisher of Branding in Asia● Alan Cerutti, Co-founder/CEO of Happiness Saigon
14:50 - 15:30Afternoon Tea Break + Match & Meet
15:30 - 16:10(PANEL) Transformation in Co-working Spaces
Key discussion point:● This session will be discussing about the shift in design, operations and marketing strategies in managing co-working spaces at present times.
Moderator:● Vlad Savin, Head of Business Development of Acclime
Panelist:● Chau Than, Business Development Director of Dreamplex● Tam Nguyen, CEO of W Business Center● Andrew Langston, Senior Vice President Business Development of Centara Hotels & Resorts● Leo Nguyen, Director of Occupier Strategy of Solutions of Knight Frank
16:10 - 16:50(PANEL) Future Trends in Hotel Design: Intersection of Artificial Intelligence, Metaverse and Hospitality Design
Key discussion point:● In time, we will we be able to insert specific sites, project briefs and all our ideas and desires using words and use AI to generate design solutions.
Moderator:● Gaurang Khemka, Founder & Design Director of URBNarc
Panelist:● Andre Zina, Director of T3 Architects ● Angela Spathonis, Principal | Managing Director of Gensler● José Cláudio Silva, Design Principal of 10 Design
17:00Close Of Day 1
08:00 - 08:55Registration + Match & Meet
08:55 - 09:00Welcome Remarks from the Organizer
09:00 - 09:20(KEYNOTE) STR Data Dash: Key Industry Trends for Vietnam Hotels
Key discussion points● Dive deep into hospitality recoveries in Asia and understand the dents of the current macro-economic factors to the Vietnam hotels' bottom line
Speaker:● Fenady Uriarte, Business Development Manager of Southeast Asia, STR
9:20 - 10:00(PANEL) Revenue Rebound in a Changing Landscape
Key discussion points● Ever since the pandemic hit the world, the hospitality industry was forced to a landscape that needed change to survive. In this panel, the experts in the field of revenue will go back in time to knit pick on how the landscape has changed, and reflect on the major business learnings over the last two years.
Moderator:● James Young, Vice President of WMC Group
Panelists:● Herbert Laubichler-Picher, Managing Director of Alma Cam Ranh Resort● Neha Pandey, Director of Business Performance, Asia Pacific of Leading Hotels (LHW)
10:00 - 10:20(KEYNOTE) Adapt New Strategies to Identify Hidden Revenue Opportunities
Key discussion points:● What are the business priorities that most hotels are now adopting to increase revenue while tightening the budget?● Share the best practices to identify hidden revenue opportunities beyond hotel rooms to achieve total revenue performance.
Speaker:● Sandy Wee, Senior Regional Director of Sales of IDeaS Revenue Solutions
10:20 - 11:00Morning Tea Break & Match and Meet
11:00 - 11:45(PANEL) Embracing Digital Transformation Whilst Facing Technology Challenges
Key discussion point:● Discuss on what are the technology operations and technology heads have adopted after pandemic and what challenges are ahead when implementing digital transformation solutions.
Moderator:● Andre Pierre Gentzsch, General Manager of Ariyana Tourism Complex
Panelists:● Loi Pham Ngoc, Director of Digital Transformation - Hospitality Division of Phu Long Real Estates Corporation● Minh Nguyen, Director of Hospitality Development of Leadvisors Capital Management● Hoang Tien, Deputy Secretary General of Vietnam Digital Communications Association● Cuong Nguyrn, Managing Director of Clavis Aurea
11:45 - 12:30(PANEL) Human Resources Innovative Solutions for Staff Retention
Key discussion point:● One of the areas of challenge is the scarcity in manpower. With demand outstrip supply in regards to talent, what are the innovative ways to hire the right talents? ● Is there a need to adjust hospitality old procedures in HR department and should there be an investment in career path as solution to labor shortage?
Moderator:● Miquel Àngel, Head of Human Resources & Quality Management Working Group of Vietnam Tourism Advisory Board (TAB)
Panelists:● John Gardner, CEO of Archipelago Indochina ● Nuno F. Ribeiro, Senior Lecturer and Research Cluster Lead of RMIT Vietnam● Lucas Truong, Managing Director of Hospitality Creative Solutions GD ● Atilla Erda, Co-Founder & CEO of Skool Hospitality
12:30 - 14:00 Lunch Break + Match & Meet
14:00 - 14:40(PANEL) Integrating Wellness in Hotel Properties, Another Level to Enhance Guest Experience
Key discussion point:● Wellness is the new buzz word and demand is increasing as people had been struggling mostly in mental health during Covid but how many people actually know what it is?
Moderator:● Hylton Lipkin, General Manager of Alba Wellness Valley by Fusion
Panelists:● Kevin J. Beauvais, Chief Executive Officer of Fusion Hotel Group ● Thu Le Thi Viet, CEO of Nova Hospitality ● Franck Droin, General Manager of Mandarin Oriental Saigon
14:40 - 15:20(PANEL) Elevating the Luxury Guest Experience in Resort Properties
Key discussion point:● In this session, the experts in the panel will share the value of elevating luxury guest experiences on the management/operation perspective, approaches on elevating the Guest Experiences into luxury, how to build guest loyalty through elevating the luxury guest experiences and unravel issues & concerns of many non-branded resort on elevating luxury guest experiences.
Moderator:● Teodoro Lenarez Gaor, General Manager of Hung Thinh Hospitality
Panelists:● Craig Douglas, Chief Operating Officer of Grand Ho Tram Resort & Casino● Yasin Munshi, AVP Development, South East Asia of Minor Hotels● Rayvees Goh, Director of Uncommon Land
15:20 - 15:30Group Photos + Media Interviews
15:30 - 16:30Post Event Networking
16:30Closing of the Event
2022 Project List
● Citadines Marina HalongOperator: Ascott Limited | Developer: BIM Group
● Four Seasons HanoiOperator: Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts | Developer: BRG Group
● Hyatt Place Saigon Phu Nhuan HotelOperator: Hyatt Hotels Corporation | Developer: Ben Thanh Holdings
● Park Hyatt Phu Quoc hotel and residencesOperator: Hyatt Hotels Corporation | Developer: BIM Group
● Somerset Danang BayOperator: Ascott Limited | Developer: Korea Investment & Development Co., Ltd
2023 Project List
● Avani+ Ho Tram ResortQ3 2023Operator: Minor Hotels | Developer: Hai Vuong Tourism Joint Stock Company
● Crowne Plaza Danang WaterfrontOperator: InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) | Developer: Minh Dong Travel Service and Trading Company Limited
● Dual-Branded Hyatt Place and Hyatt House Project in Ho Chi Minh CityOperator: Hotel Okura Co. | Developer: Saigon Trading Group (SATRA)
● Holiday Inn Resort Halong BayOperator: IHG Hotels & Resorts | Developer: Ha Long Bay Hotel Joint Stock Company
● La Festa Phu QuocOperator: Hilton | Developer: Sun Hospitality Group
● New World Nha Trang HotelOperator: Rosewood Hotels Group | Developer: KDI Holdings
● Tây Hồ View Complex with three serviced apartmentsOperator: CapitaLand Investment (CLI), The Ascott Limited and Sun Group | Developer: Sun Hospitality Group
2024 Project List
● Hyatt Regency Ho Tram Resort and Spa and ResidencesOperator: Hyatt Hotels Corporation | Developer: IFF Holdings Joint Stock Company
● JW Marriott and Marriott HotelsOperator: Marriott International, Inc. | Developer: Masterise Homes
● Paddy Field Hotel by PréférenceOperator: Preference | Developer: Ascott
● Rosewood Hoi AnOperator: Rosewood Hotels & Resorts | Developer: Hoi An South Development
2026 Project List
● Crowne Plaza Vinh Yen City CentreOperator: IHG | Developer: Bao Quan Co., JSC
● Building Designs● Building Materials● Building Management system● Energy Efficiency Solutions● Lighting and illumination● Smart Building Control● Elevator/Escalator● Carpet● Walling Solutions● Kitchen & Facilities● Hotel Furniture● Bedding and Mattress● Hotel Display Solutions● Hotel TV
● ICT infrastructure● Connected Hotel Solutions● Bathroom and Fittings● Water Treatment● Waste Management● Security, CCTV, Access Control● HVAC Solutions● Air Purification and Air Aroma● Public Seating● Wine Cellar● Audio and Video Systems● Smart Car Parking● Hotel Testing & Certification● Cleaning Solutions
● Operational Management Systems● IoT Solutions & Building Automation● Cloud Base Solutions● Mobile Applications & Website● Wifi & Band Width Distribution● Virtual Technology Management● CRM / PMS / Hotel Management Solutions● Data Analytics & Data Warehousing● Block Chain Technology● Artificial Intelligence
● Voice Technology Solutions● RFID / EPPOS Solutions● Robots, Chatbots Technology● NFC Technology & Sensors Solutions● In-Room Connectivity & Entertainment● Safety & Security Systems● Housekeeping Management● IT & Engineering Facility Management● Administrative Technology And Solutions
● E-Marketing & E-Commerce● Online Booking & Branding Tools.● Digital Marketing Solutions & SEO● Reservation Management & GDS● Central Reservation Systems● OTA● Social Media Distribution● Revenue Management Software
● CloudBased RevenueDriven Solutions● RM and pricing● Data and Analytics● Direct Booking● Mobile Hospitality● Upsell Training● Social Media Reputation Management● Voice, Video, AR Marketing
● Hotel Operations Services● Project Consulting● Market Survey● Hygiene Solutions● Professional Training Services*Including but not limited to listed above
Full access to the event programs
5 star lunch and refreshment
Free access to “Match & Meet” and enjoy all the benefits of the virtual attendee
Post event reports
E-MarketplaceEngage in effective buying and selling at the event.
Video MeetingsHighly secured 1:1 video meeting solution.
Messenger ChatAllows attendees to safely connect effectively and flexibly, with anti-spamming capabilities;Capability to send files, images, and digital name cards;Attendees can initiate a video call, chats.
My ScheduleAttendees can view all their booked content and meetings in one place;Support time zones, notifications via WhatsApp, WeChat, SMS;Automated calendar sync.
Match & MeetHow does it work?
Online register yourself as Delegate
4 weeks prior to the event, you will receive a unique link to enter into the online system